Common Name: Achyranthes Root
Botanical Name: Achyranthese Bidenta
Herbal Remedy for: Kidney Disease *Abdominal Disorders *Acne *Anorexia *Arthritis *Asthma *Baldness *Bloating *Blood Disorders *Blood Impurity *Bodyaches *Bronchitis *Colic *Deafness *Diarrhea *Diabetes *Debility *Digestive Disorders *Difficult Menses *Earaches *Eye Diseases *Fever *Flatulence *Flu *Gallstones *Gonorrhea *Headaches *Heart Disease *High Cholesterol *Indigestion *Internal Bleeding *IBS *Joint Pain *Kidney Stones *Liver Diseases *Low Blood Pressure *Malaria *Migraine *Nausea *Obesity *Pain *Phlegm *Paralysis *Pneumonia *Skin Diseases *Stomach Aches *Syphilis *Throat Disorders *Ulcers
Herb Properties: *Abortifacient *Antibacterial *Antifungal * Astringent * Anti-inflammatory *Blood Tonic *Expectorant *Stimulant * Vulnerary
Benefits of Acyranthes Root
Acyranthes root, also known as Achyranthes bidentata or Niu Xi in traditional Chinese medicine, is a medicinal herb that has been used for centuries in various traditional healing systems. It is primarily known for its potential benefits for bone and joint health. Here are some of the potential benefits of Acyranthes root:
1. Bone health: Acyranthes root is often used in traditional medicine to support bone health and promote bone healing. It is believed to strengthen bones, increase bone density, and improve overall bone health. It may be beneficial for individuals with conditions such as osteoporosis or fractures.
2. Joint health: Acyranthes root is commonly used to support joint health and alleviate joint pain and inflammation. It is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling and discomfort associated with conditions like arthritis and rheumatism.
3. Blood circulation: Acyranthes root is thought to have properties that promote blood circulation. It is believed to improve blood flow, particularly to the lower extremities, and may be beneficial for individuals with poor circulation or conditions like varicose veins.
4. Kidney health: In traditional Chinese medicine, Acyranthes root is often used to support kidney health and promote kidney function. It is believed to have diuretic properties that help eliminate excess fluids and toxins from the body, supporting kidney health and urinary system function.
5. Menstrual health: Acyranthes root is sometimes used to support menstrual health and alleviate menstrual pain and irregularities. It is believed to have properties that help regulate hormonal balance and promote a healthy menstrual cycle.
6. Anti-inflammatory effects: Acyranthes root is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. This may be beneficial for various inflammatory conditions, including joint inflammation, muscle pain, and certain skin conditions.
7. Antioxidant activity: Acyranthes root contains compounds that have antioxidant properties. These antioxidants help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, reducing oxidative stress and protecting against cellular damage.
As with any herbal remedy, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before using Acyranthes root for medicinal purposes, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY):
SIZE GUIDE: (Comes in Flower, Root , and/or Herb Powder, based on availability)
Sample: a small sampling of the dry herb leaf or powder up to 1 oz.
Weight varies upon choice of herb
JUST THE HERB: Dried Leaf/Flower: May be used and consumed as a loose leaf tea or added to beverages and or smoothies.
Small (1/4 cup up to 2 oz.) Medium (1/2 cup up to 4 oz.) Large (1 cup up to 6 oz.) Weight varies upon choice of herb
Tinctures: Concentrated herb(s) in liquid form that are administered sublingually (by mouth). Alcohol tinctures have an average shelf life of 3-5 years, are the most potent herbal preparation method and do not need to be refrigerated.
Small (1 oz) Medium (2 oz) Large (4 oz) Please allow 72 hour additional processing time. Comes in a dropper bottle
Capsules: Dried powder in capsule form. Small (30 capsules) Medium (60 capsules) Large (90 capsules) Vegetarian/Vegan
Looseleaf Tea: 1-2 teaspoons of the dried herb or herb powder equals one 6-8 oz prepared serving of tea. For best results, drink 3-5 servings daily.
Capsules: Take one capsule by mouth daily if you weigh 150 lbs. or less. Take two capsules by mouth daily if you weigh OVER 150 lbs.
Tinctures: Take daily by mouth, under the tongue. 1 ml if you weigh UNDER 150 lbs. Take 2ml daily, if you weigh OVER 150 lbs.